Sunday, January 31, 2016

ciao,

my name is rylie and i'm a lowercase kind of girl, even though i seem like i'm uppercase sometimes
i'm approachable, promise.

i was born on april 20, 1998 and i'm going to spend my 18th birthday skydiving
(i'm going to post pictures with the caption, 'i'm so high, you wouldn't believe it'
cause i think that's pretty hilarious.)

i'm one of the few that's dreading graduation
because i made a family within these cold, white walls
 and i don't want to leave it behind.

i absolutely despise bowling dates
but if you really want to make my night,
let's go stargazing or go have a picnic

my lucky number is six, my favorite number is eleven
and oftentimes i judge things off of their metaphorical significance
including the things i wear

my favorite band is death cab for cutie
(i've listened to them since i was eleven)
and i really, really like indie films.

my middle name is dawn and i actually really like it
makes for a good metaphor, i think
although maybe that's just me overanalyzing things again.

i'm competitive, fiesty and emotional
which definitely makes things interesting
(i'm a bit of a mess)

traveling is a favorite thing of mine
it shows you can find beauty anywhere
which is why i'm going on a month-long road trip this summer

i'm still at war with mediocrity, that'll never change
which is why i'll eat an entire watermelon in one day
or actually take the dares in truth or dare

so hi. it's good to meet you again.
let's talk sometime, okay?
i'll see you around.

sincerely,
rylie
xx

4 comments:

  1. i love this

    lowercase vs uppercase is so real

    ReplyDelete
  2. screw mediocrity

    i never liked her either

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love love love your blog. every post is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the re-introduction! Very great

    ReplyDelete