Saturday, January 16, 2016

this is how you make me feel

this is the way you make me feel.

like the fireworks on the fourth of july
rocketing higher and higher and higher
with people drunk on their echoing light cheering
the explosion like the birth of a new year

like the hot, beating sun is my heart
keeping me alive / keeping us alive
and despite their predictions,
it's never going out.

this is the way you make me feel.

like teenage rebellion
kisses shared in the back of cars at night
profanity, fists pumping, windows rolled down
caffeine like alcohol in our blood

like exposed shoulders, tiki torches and golden tans
summer afternoons that feel like they'll never end
accompanied by wide brimmed hats, sunglasses and smiles wide enough
to swallow all of the lonely, empty nights that ever were

you make me feel like my blood is light and my bones are crafted from stardust
that the sky was never the limit because we're all walking galaxies
and we never needed to go to sleep to dream
because we were limitless all along

every time we meet,
my heart stutters and reminds me
that this is the way you make me feel

infinite, infinite, infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment